A Buy Request is where a user who is looking to make a purchase, provides the details of their requirement.
Follow the steps below to create a listing.
Create your listing
1. After you sign in, select Buy from the top menu.
2. Complete the following information on the Create Your Listing page
- Product or Service – are you looking for physical goods or a service e.g. a plumber.
- When do you want the listing to start? Immediately will make listing live as soon as you finalise your Buy Request, or you can choose to Start listing on a specific date and time. Listings must commence within 4 weeks if you select a future start date. If you select a listing to start on a future date, your listing will still be visible to sellers, they just will not be able to make an offer.
- Duration – how long do you want your listing to be available to accept offers before you select one.
- Reserve right to ‘Buy Now’ – indicates that you might choose an offer before the end of the Duration period, see What does ‘Buy Now’ Mean?
- Category – select the most suitable category for the product or service you are looking to buy.
- Your Maximum price – this is an optional value and gives potential sellers an indication about your likely budget. Some points to consider are (a) sellers can still make you an offer that is higher than this value and (b) if your value is unrealistically low, then you will likely receive fewer offers.
- Required Condition – this option is only available if you have selected Product type above. Gives you the option of specifying the condition of the goods you are looking to buy.
- Listing Visibility – there are 2 types of possible listings: public listings – where any seller can view and make you an offer, or private listings – this feature is not yet available, but will enable you to invite selected (preferred) sellers to make you an offer. For public listings, there are additional options to specify if you only want to receive offers from personal and/or business sellers.
- Item Description – provide a description of exactly what it is you are looking for. The more information you can give the better quality of offers you will receive. It may also save you time as sellers will be less likely to ask you additional questions via the Q&A process.
- Add Photos – if you have any photos or images that can help sellers provide you with a better offer, then you can add them here. You can add up to 3 images, but be sure you have permission to use the images as your listing may have to be removed if you infringe on someone else’s intellectual property.
Once complete, press the Preview button where you will be given the opportunity to review your listing before you finally commit your listing to go live.
Preview and Approve
The preview page details what your listing will look like when it goes live. Only you can view your listing prior to it being approved.
Check over the details, then select one of the following buttons from the Available Options section.
- Approve Listing – if you are happy that all the details are correct. However, before you can approve your listing you will need to select the terms and conditions check box at the bottom of the page.
- Edit My Listing – if you need to make any changes to your listing. This will take you back to the Create Your Listing page where you can make any necessary updates.
- Cancel My Listing – if you decide that you no longer want to proceed with your Buy Request that you can cancel your listing.
Once you approve your listing, your Buy Request will now become available to view as per your specified start date.
The Listing Successfully Created page will now be displayed. This provides you with the opportunity to boost your listing’s exposure by posting your request to social media. You could also email a copy of the link to any particular seller you are interested in receiving an offer from.
That’s the hard work done, now you can sit back and wait for sellers to make you an offer. We will email you whenever you receive an EOI or an Offer.
However, we would recommend that you view your listing (either enter the link to your listing or find your listing by going to My Luvo>Activity>My Purchase Requests then click on your listing.) Viewing a listing, displays all available options, letting you control what happens next. Be sure to be signed in though when you view your listing as the Available Options will change. See View Listing Page Options for more details.
If you need to update your listing see Make Changes to a ‘Buy Request’ as this details what can and cannot be changed.
- When creating a listing, you can specify preferences such as Maximum Price, Required Condition and Seller type. This information if provided to sellers when they are making an offer. However, be sure to check that the offers you receive fit with your requirement, as the seller may have missed some of your preferences.
- Ensure your listing complies with our Acceptable Listing Policy as this lists what can and cannot be included in a listing.
- Check out our Intellectual Property Policy to ensure you are not breaching anyone’s intellectual property.
- Before you create your first Buy Request, you will need to have set up a recurring payment method, to do this go to My Luvo>Luvo Fees>Payment Method, then select the Add Payment Method button. See Why do I need to register a credit card if only wanting to buy? and Current Luvo Fees for further information.